At the March 22nd Connect•Work•Thrive Conference
Maria will facilitate the luncheon address
How to Handle the Stress of Uncertainty
ARE YOU READY TO DESIGN A LIFE THAT YOU TRULY LOVE?
Right now, you’re feeling:
- stuck in your career and are ready to move onto something that feels more aligned with your unique purpose
- unsure how to create a sense of ease, flow, and balance that is defined by you and not by society
- hard on yourself and want to cultivate a practice of self-compassion and acceptance
I combine the best of design, psychology, and Eastern wisdom to bring you to the next level.
After studying psychology at McGill, I conducted research in public health and neuroscience at the Stanford Medical School before realizing that I was interested in directly facilitating personal transformation. I felt too creative to be a researcher.
At the Stanford Medical school, I taught hundreds of people how to manage their personal energy, stress, and emotions through various techniques rooted in yoga.
I have a Masters in Learning, Design, and Technology in partnership with the Stanford School of Education and the Stanford Design School. I worked alongside amazing behavior designers such as BJ Fogg – psychologist and head of the Persuasive Technology Lab – to understand how behavior is formed and sustained. I also collaborated with talented educators at the School of Education to understand more about the various ways people learn, which gave me the theoretical foundation for my coaching practice.
As a designer, I think about applying the design process to life. I combine design with my experience with Eastern modalities to help you gain clarity of mind and quiet the fears that are holding you back. I use everything in my tool belt to help you get where you want to go: design thinking, behavior design, psychology, yoga, meditation, breath-work, coaching, and other powerful processes.
TRAINING AND CREDENTIALS
- Masters in Education, Learning, Design, and Technology, from Stanford University
- Stress-Management + Wellness Instructor at the Stanford Medical School
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Behavioral Sciences from McGill University
- Hatha Kripalu Yoga Teacher Certification
- ISHTA Yoga Teacher Certification
- Art of Living Teacher Certification